March 24, 2020 9:00 am - 11:00 am
p>Join OSSE for a training that explores both the law and theschool’s role for Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Section 504 is a civil rights law that requires school districts to provide eligiblestudents with disabilities a free and appropriate public education (FAPE).Section 504 contains non-discrimination requirements which state that all students with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits oneor more major life activities must be protected from discrimination and receive education services that are equal to that of their non-disabled peers. This training will guide participants through:
- An overview of Section 504;
- A step-by-step walk-through of the Section 504 process from referral to implementation; and
- Section 504 best practices and frequently asked questions.
- This training is only open to educators, administrators, and staff who serve students in DC Public Schools and DC public charter schools.
For more information or questions, please contact Angela Awonaike at Angela.Awonaike@dc.gov or (202) 481-3870.
- Register for the Tuesday, March 24, 2020 webinar